Salary: £25,000 – £28,000 annually, dependent on experience
Annual Leave entitlement: 25 days (plus 10 bank holidays)
Working hours: Full time
Contract: Permanent contract
Location: Ratho, Edinburgh / Hybrid-working
Closing date for applications: 22/09/2023
Online interviews: w/c 25/09/2023
Prior to any employment commencing with Scotland Food & Drink you will be asked to provide documents to demonstrate your right to work in the UK.
In your role as HR Administrator, you will be required to support the HR Director and HR Officer to deliver all of the people functions at Scotland Food & Drink (SF&D). Working in HR is always a busy and interesting place to be and at SF&D, you will be part of a friendly, collaborative, and supportive team.
You will take responsibility for all HR administration tasks, as well as expanding to other areas of HR work to support the team. You will be involved in recruitment, and responsible for all new employee onboarding tasks, as well as more generalist HR administration work to support this busy team. This is a varied role working across the full staff body.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Your day-to-day responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Managing recruitment processes, including advertising vacancies, collating applications, arranging interviews, through to assisting in the preparation of offers of employment, references and contracts.
- Coordinate and facilitate the immediate Induction process for all new starters and update staff induction books.
- Assisting with updating and maintaining HR processes and policies.
- Responsible for maintaining the BreatheHR system, including managing holiday and absence records and company documents.
- Assisting with internal auditing in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Support the analysis and manipulation of HR data as needed as well as provide ad-hoc reports when required.
- Support transactional HR administration including producing employee letters and communications regarding leavers, promotions, change of terms and organisation charts.
- Promote equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation.
- Creation and monitoring of purchase orders.
- Assisting with investigations, disciplines, grievances and supporting with long term absence cases.
- Creating monthly newsletters and informative material about wellbeing and mental health to help further educate and raise awareness to support our team.
- The ability to handle highly confidential information and maintain compliance with GDPR.
- Good organisational and time management skills and proven ability to work to a deadline.
- Have excellent analytical, monitoring and reporting skills, enabling close monitoring of all programmes.
- Collaborative team player, strong people skills to develop new and existing relationships and work effectively in teams.
- Clear communicator with excellent verbal and written skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft packages and an ability to learn in-house systems.
- Experience of creating reports and presentations using Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Engaging and positive individual, with a flexible attitude, keen to support team initiatives and focused on delivery of exceptional service.
- Either working towards or gained CIPD qualification or similar and relative experience.
WORKING AT SCOTLAND FOOD & DRINK
Scotland Food & Drink is the industry leadership organisation tasked with delivering the industry strategy and driving responsible growth for the sector. We are also a membership organisation with over 450 companies at our heart.
Working with us gives you an opportunity to be part of one of the most exciting and innovative industries in Scotland.
Our culture and our people are core to delivering our diverse and collaborative work . We have work/life balance as one of our core values and we have a benefits package offering a pension scheme, 35 days holiday (plus your birthday), enhanced MAT and Paternity benefits, a flexible working policy and a cycle-to-work scheme. As well as opportunities to socialise and attend industry events and dinners.
We believe working with us should be a hugely positive experience, our core values are:
Ambition – we are passionate about making a difference.
Collaboration - our impact comes from harnessing the individual strengths of our people and our partners, forging a strong team spirit. We have each other’s backs.
Respect – we all set the tone, taking personal responsibility for our actions, embracing empathy and generating a world class external reputation.
Balance - work is important, life is everything. Success is doing both well.
We are also an equal opportunity employer, and we recognise that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive.
Please send CV and covering letter, or any questions you have regarding the role to: email@example.com with the title of the job you are applying for in the subject line.