Get your questions answered by an expert panel and hear from Scottish companies already ﬁnding success across the Atlantic who'll share their experiences and top tips. Meet USA trade experts for a 'whistle-stop' tour of Scotland's top export destination. Plus, get practical tips and guidance on legal and financial issues to help you set up, grow and develop your business.
The USA continues to be Scotland's top international trading partner with around 17.1% of all our exports entering the States, worth £5.5 billion.
The USA's size alone — four time zones across 50 states and vast cultural diﬀerences across regions — means it has to be treated as a series of regional markets, with diﬀerent characteristics and business practices.
This Scottish North American Business Council event, will oﬀer a quick, practical introduction to international trade opportunities in the USA.
On the day you'll learn more about the support available for companies like yours considering trade with America.
The event is organised by the Scottish North American Business Council, supported by Delta Airlines and hosted by Burness Paull LLP. It will take place on 21 November, 09:00 - 13:00.
Speakers conﬁrmed include:
- Laurie Farris, Minister Counselor for Commercial Affairs, U.S. Department of Commerce U.S. Embassy, London, UK
- Jack Hillmeyer, Consul General, US Consulate Edinburgh
- Alison Grieve, Editor at Young Company Finance Scotland, CEO and Inventor G Hold
- Katie Birrell, Head of International Sales, Nairn Oatcakes Ltd
- Mark Gibson, MD, Pro-Sapien Software
- Jason Dobson, Director, Contagious UK Ltd
- Leah Hutcheon, CEO, Appointed
- Iain Ritchie, Founder CEO, Procemx
- David Carrick, Senior Vice President Global Industry Solutions at SAS
- Olivia McLaren, Principal Attorney, US Immigration Lawyer
- Raul Kalsi, Corporate Account Manager, Delta Airlines
- Keith Murray, CEO, Lochaven International Limited
The day will focus on all aspects of trading with the USA.
To register for this event please visit here to book your place.
Please note this event is solely for business people looking to trade into or establish in the USA and places are limited to two per business.