This is the Scottish Venison event of the year – if you are involved in Scottish Venison, if you’re a producer or you process venison, stock it, sell it or serve it then this event is important to you.
Scottish Venison, the body that represents the ‘brand’, its production and processing – wild and farmed, public and private sector, upland and lowland, will be hosting representatives from right across the Scottish venison industry for one day at Birnam, Perthshire.
They will be covering:
- Scottish venison’s attributes and ambitions
- Direction and recent developments
- Importance as a sustainable food
- Role in supporting delivery of the Scottish Government’s climate change and biodiversity targets
- Place as an asset in Scotland’s rich, natural larder.
They have drawn together a wide-ranging programme including:
- The launch of a refreshed Scottish Venison strategy
- The Government funded JF Consulting report on capacity and infrastructure
- The latest assessment from SAC Consulting on greenhouse gas emissions from the wild deer/venison processing sector.
Afternoon sessions will cover challenges and opportunities facing the processors, new initiatives, serving the ‘third sector’ and a call for everyone to get involved and spread the word.
The event is free. A soup and sandwich lunch is included.
You can register to attend now by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and your place will be reserved. You will then be notified when the programme for the day is published later in October.
Scottish Venison acknowledges the generous support of the Association of Deer Management Groups (ADMG) in the staging of this event.